In order to implement the requirements of the "Overall Plan on Managing COVID-19 with Measures against Class-B Infectious Diseases" and to facilitate the exchange of personnel between Macao SAR and the Mainland of China, with the approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Commissioner's Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Macao will further optimize and improve the visa policy for foreigners in Macao to go to mainland China from January 8, 2023, canceling the requirement for applicants to stay in Macao for 28 consecutive days and to receive the COVID-19 full-process vaccination, and continue to provide applicants with more efficient and high-quality visa services. The specific arrangements are as follows:
1. Categories of Visa
(1) Foreigners who live in Macao (including permanent residents, non-permanent residents, and non-local employees) can apply for visas for tourism, business, visit, work, talent, crew, study, settlement, reunion, family visit, personal affair, and transit to the Mainland (including multiple-entry visas).
(2) Foreigners who come to Macao temporarily can apply for visas for business, visit, work, talent, crew, study, settlement, reunion, family visit, personal affair, transit to the Mainland.
(3) The visa policy to facilitate foreigners in Macao to travel to Guangdong-Macao In-Depth Cooperation Zone in Hengqin effective from September 1, 2022 remains unchanged. Foreign permanent residents, non-permanent residents, and professional non-local employees residing in Macao can apply for multiple-entry visas for tourism, business, visit, family visit, and personal affair in the Cooperation Zone; Foreigners coming to Macao temporarily and participating in exhibitions in the Cooperation Zone can apply for multiple-entry business visas for 3 months.
2. Application process
The above visas are all processed through the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Macao. For specific application materials, please refer to the "Visa" column for the relevant instructions for visa application on the website of the Commissioner's Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Macao (http://mo.ocmfa.gov.cn/eng/). Please contact the Visa Center for the processing time and charges.
3. Contact information
(1) Consular Department of the Commissioner's Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Macao
Address: 208 Av. De Marciano Baptista,Macao
Office hours: 9:00am-12:00pm, 2:30pm-4:30pm on working days
Tel: (853) 87915126 (answering hours: 2:20pm-6:20pm on working days)
(2) Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Macao
Address: 1/F, 223-225, Nam Kwong Building, Avenida do Dr. Rodrigo Rodrigues, Macao
Office hours: 9:00am to 4:00pm on working days
Tel: (853) 87998117/87998118
Fax: (853) 87998119
Commissioner's Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Macao
January 6, 2023