To meet requirements in the General Plan for Development of the Guangdong-Macao In-Depth Cooperation Zone in Hengqin (hereinafter referred to as "Cooperation Zone"), support the development of the Cooperation Zone, promote the integration of the Macao SAR into overall national development, and to subsequently realize the long-term prosperity and stability of Macao, the Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Macao will provide a visa facilitation policy for foreigners in Macao to visit the Cooperation Zone. With the approval of the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the policy will take effect on September 1st, 2022. The specific arrangements are as follows:
1.Scope of Application:
Foreigners with the Macao Permanent Resident Identity Card or Macao Non-permanent Resident Identity Card or Non-resident Worker's Identification Card (specialized workers Only) who plan to go to the Cooperation Zone for tourism, business, academic exchange visit, family visit or private matters;
Foreigners who stay in Macao temporarily plan to attend conventions or exhibitions in the Cooperation Zone.
2.Available visa categories:
(1) Foreign Permanent Resident: can apply for 1）a 5-year multiple tourist visa, stay for no more than 30 days; 2）a 5-year multiple business,academic exchange visit, family visit,private matters visa, stay for no more than 180 days.
(2) Foreign Non-permanent Resident:can apply for 1）a multiple tourist visa with the same validity period as the resident ID card, stay for no more than 30 days; 2) a multiple business, academic exchange visit, family visit, personal matters visa with the same validity period as the resident ID card, stay for no more than 180 days.
(3) Foreign Non-resident Workers (specialized workers only): can apply for 1) a 1-year multiple tourist visa, stay for no more than 30 days; 2) a 1-year multiple business, academic exchange visit, family visit, private matters visa, stay for no more than 180 days.
(4) Foreigners who stay in Macao temporarily plan to attend conventions or exhibitions in the Cooperation Zone: can apply for a 3-month multiple business visa, stay for no more than 30 days.
3.Application Documents Required:
In addition to basic application documents such as passport and residence permit in the Macao SAR (Resident ID card, Non-resident worker's card and slip of authorization of stay and residence, etc.), applicants must also provide the following supporting documents according to the visa categories (except for tourism):
(1) M-Visa for Business
An invitation letter or ticket certificate from the organizer of the conventions or exhibitions in the Cooperation Zone or business invitation issued by the trade partners, and business license for enterprise legal person and its identity card.
(2) F-Visa for academic exchange visit
An invitation letter issued by a relevant entity or resident in the Cooperation Zone.
(3) Q2-Visa for family visit
An invitation letter issued by a Chinese resident with Chinese resident ID card in the Cooperation Zone or a holder of residence permit in the Cooperation Zone for Hong Kong and Macao/Taiwan residents. The invitation letter must include the kinship between the inviter and the applicant.
(4) S2-Visa for private matters
Depending on the type of private matters, one of the following documents is required:
A. Working residence permit and invitation letter of foreigners who work long-term in the Cooperation Zone and a proof of family relationship with the inviter.
B. Proof of real estate in the Cooperation Zone;
C. Proof of hospitalization or intended admission issued by a medical institution in the Cooperation Zone.
(1) The visa application policy for foreigners going to other parts of the mainland of China remains unchanged.
(2) Applicants (except for those applying for diplomatic or service visas) are required to log in the website of Visa Application Center in the Macao SAR (http://www.visaforchina.org) to fill in and submit the application form online in advance, and then submit the application form and required documents to the Visa Application Center (Application submission time: 9:00 to 15:30 on working days). If you have any question, please contact Visa Application Center by Tel: 00853-87998117/87998118, Email: email@example.com or contact Commissioner's Office by Tel-Enquiry: 00853-87915126 on working days 2:20pm-6:20pm.
(3) Applicants should ensure that the type of visa applied for is consistent with the actual purpose of entry. When necessary, the Commissioner's Office may require the applicant to provide additional supporting documents or to undergo an interview. If there is any falsity or lack of documents, the visa application might be rejected.
Thank you for your support and cooperation!