FAQ on Visa Application to the Guangdong-Macao In-Depth Cooperation Zone in Hengqin

1.Why does the Commissioner’s Office implement the visa facilitation measures for Foreigners in Macao SAR to Guangdong-Macao In-Depth Cooperation Zone in Hengqin ? 

In order to meet the requirements of various measures for facilitating personnel exchanges proposed in the General Plan for Development of the Guangdong-Macao In-Depth Cooperation Zone in Hengqin,support the development of the Guangdong-Macao In-Depth Cooperation Zone in Hengqin (hereinafter referred to as "Cooperation Zone"), promote the integration of the Macao SAR into the overall national development,so as to realize the long-term prosperity and stability of Macao,striving to better serve the Macao SAR through diplomatic work,the Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Macao wishes to encourage more foreigners in Macao to work,live,start a business and buy property in the Cooperation Zone through the implementation of visa facilitation policy,so as to provide impetus to the Macao-Hengqin integration and the development of the Cooperation Zone.

2.Who can apply for visa to the Cooperation Zone?

Foreigners with the Macao Permanent Resident Identity Card or Macao Non-permanent Resident Identity Card or Non-resident Worker’s Identification Card (specialized workers Only) plan to go to the Cooperation Zone for tourism,business,academic exchange visit,family visit or private matters,as well as foreigners who stay in Macao temporarily plan to attend conventions or exhibitions in the Cooperation Zone can apply for visas to the Cooperation Zone. 

Foreign Permanent Residents can apply for a 5-year multiple visa;

Foreign Non-permanent Residents can apply for a multiple visa with the same validity period as the resident ID card;

Foreign Non-resident Workers (specialized workers Only) can apply for a 1-year multiple visa;

Foreigners who stay in Macao temporarily plan to attend conventions or exhibitions in the Cooperation Zone can apply for a 3-month multiple visa.

3.How to apply for a visa to the Cooperation Zone?

Ordinary foreign passports’ holders are requested to submit visa applications via the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Macao (hereinafter referred to as the "Visa Application Center"). Applicants can log on to the Visa Application Center website (http://www.visaforchina.org) to fill in an online application form, make an appointment and submit the relevant documents to the Center at the appointed time. Please pay attention to our office’s website in both Chinese and English (mo.ocmfa.gov.cn/chn/lsfw/wgrqz/;mo.ocmfa.gov.cn/eng/lsfw/wgrzj/) for the required application documents and be prepared in advance.

4.What should an invitation letter include?

An invitation letter generally should include the following information:

1)Information on the applicant (full name,gender,date of birth,etc.) 

2)Information on the visit (purpose of visit to the Cooperation Zone,arrival and departure dates,place(s) to be visited,relations between the applicant and the inviting individual,financial source for expenditures) 

3)Information on the inviting individual (name,contact number,address,signature etc.)

For business or academic exchange visit,the invitation should also include: relations between the applicant and the inviting entity,name,contact telephone number,address,official stamp and signature of the legal representative of the inviting entity.

5.What are the quarantine requirements for applying for a visa?

Except for children or adults who are unable to get vaccinated due to illnesses or other reasons,applicants should get full-process of vaccination with vaccines licensed or approved for marketing or emergency use by the Mainland of China, the Macao SAR or the World Health Organization. In addition,to safeguard the country’s overall epidemic control,foreigners who apply for visas should submit the certificate of stay in the Macao SAR and China’s mainland for at least 28 consecutive days.